ARC 2014: October 29-31, 2014
The Atlantic Reclamation Conference provides a forum for managers and remediation specialists to learn about technical, scientific and organizational innovations and best practices for the management of disturbed and derelict sites. The event will offer a unique opportunity to meet and exchange new ideas and information with colleagues and industry representatives from across the country and abroad.
- July 25, 2014: Abstracts Due
The organizing committee is seeking relevant abstracts for oral and poster presentations at this years conference to be held in Wolfville, NS on
Abstracts Due July 25, 2014
Note that a technical paper will not be required. Following the conference, the presentations will be published on the website as the “conference proceedings”. Students are encouraged to present and CLRA-Atlantic Chapter will again be providing awards as well as reduced conference rates.
We ask that if you wish to present at this years event, you provide an “expression of interest” via email to Andy Walter as soon as possible.
For additional information about Wolfville, Nova Scotia, please visit the Centre’s site.
- Brownfield Reclamation Issues (socio economic, stabilization, etc)
- Mine and Military Reclamation Issues
- Mine Closure Planning
- Long Term Monitoring and Maintenance
- Contaminated Site Regulations
- Sustainable Re-vegetation
- Remediation Case Studies
- Assessment and Remediation in Special Environments
- Climate Change Adaptation – Effects on Monitoring Data
- Watercourse and Wetland Restoration
- Fish Habitat and Passage Restoration
- Storm Water Management– Zero Impact Design
- End Use Planning (Prevention)
- Marine and Coastal Protection and Restoration
- Restoration Impacts on Endangered and Native Species
- Community Liaison and Involvement in Remediation