CLRA/ACRSD fosters the planning, science, management, and promotion of land and waterway reclamation and remediation by facilitating information exchange among land reclamation practitioners within government, industry, academia, and the public. CLRA/ACRSD advances land reclamation and remediation excellence, and improves the environment by:
- Serving as the national leader for land and waterway reclamation and remediation;
- Sustaining a strong network of chapters;
- Monitoring, reviewing, and documenting reclamation and remediation standards;
- Supporting education and development in professional land reclamation and remediation;
- Delivering high-quality products, publications, and services relevant to the land reclamation profession;
- Developing strategic alliances to advance the understanding of land reclamation and remediation.
- The open exchange of information among its members and the public to promote an understanding of land and waterway reclamation and remediation;
- Professionalism in the field of land and waterway reclamation;
- Strategic partnerships with other organizations interested in land and waterway reclamation;
- The development of a strong network of chapters across Canada;
- Support for existing educational programs in land reclamation and related fields and encouragement for the formation of new programs as needed across Canada.